Holiday decorations that will impress everyone!
Experts say that holiday perfectionism is one of the main causes of holiday stress. We feel pressure to make sure everything is perfect from our homes and decorations to our dinners and parties. But whether it’s due to the impossible standards of holiday bliss sold to us by commercial marketing campaigns or simply our own perfectionism, holiday perfectionism is all too common and all too stressful!
During the month of December, Campbell Homes will bring you our best tips and ideas for holiday success without all the stress! This week we focus our efforts on tips for holiday entertaining success. And who better to consult than the entertaining and decorating experts at HGTV.
1. Forgo a traditional floral centerpiece on the dining table and instead create a charming holiday scene featuring gingerbread houses or ceramic Christmas village miniatures. Sprinkle faux snow along the center of the table, then place homes, stores, trees and people to create a focal point that will delight guests of all ages.
2. In lieu of purchasing expensive holiday themed china, glasses and silverware for a special get-together, consider renting it. No matter where you live, chances are there’s a party rental store near you. The prices are reasonable and by renting rather than buying you also avoid having to store the items year after year.
If you own a new home in Colorado Springs, we suggest Bruno’s Party Time Rentals.
3. A simple way to give your holiday decorations a professionally decorated look is to stick to just two or three colors. Deciding on a palette before you shop makes the selection process quick and easy. A great place in Colorado Springs to go for holiday decorating inspirations for your new Colorado Springs home is Rich Designs.
4. Flickering candlelight is beautiful, but if small children or pets will be part of the celebration substitute battery-powered votive and pillar candles for a warm glow without the worries. These can be purchased inexpensively at either Colorado Springs Costco location.
5. For a custom look that’s easy to achieve, add ornaments, wrapped candies, children’s toys or glittered greenery to a plain wreath. The decorating options are nearly endless and embellishing a wreath is a fun project to do with the kids. A great location for purchasing supplies for your holiday wreath is Platte Floral. Not only is the selection amazing, the decorations are incredible and sure to inspire you to start decorating your home in Colorado Springs.
6. Adding a vintage element, such as homemade gingerbread men, hand-strung popcorn or a cranberry garland to your holiday decorations lends a sentimental, old-fashioned feel. If you’re looking for a local bakery to provide your homemade gingerbread men, visit Othos Cookies and Brownies in the Chapel Hills Mall.
7. Always test Christmas lights before adding them to the tree. Nothing is more disappointing (and frustrating) than spending an afternoon carefully wrapping the tree with lights only to plug them in and discover that they don’t work.
8. Give your chandelier a simple holiday update by draping the arms with an evergreen garland and embellishing plain paper shades with an assortment of ribbon attached with hot glue. We really like Colorado Villa Décor off of Hwy. 105 in Palmer Lake for your holiday greenery needs.
9. To cover an unusually shaped or extra-long table, simply drape it with fabric from the bolt. Measure the length of the table keeping in mind that 36 inches is equivalent to one yard. Add a few inches to each side to allow the fabric to puddle on the ground — no sewing required.
10. Add fragrance and an unexpected touch to evergreen garlands and the Christmas tree by placing fresh flowers among the greenery. To keep flowers fresh for days, first clip the ends then insert into water-filled bubble tubes, which are available at florist-supply stores.
11. A lit fireplace is beautiful but can quickly heat up a room filled with guests. To get the look without the warmth, instead fill the hearth with lit pillar candles. New Homes in Colorado Springs come standard with gas fireplaces so use the lit pillar candles on your hearth or mantle for ambiance and holiday cheer.
12. Make your decorations shine by working strands of twinkling mini lights into garlands, topiaries and tablescapes. If you plan on using lights outdoors, check the packaging to make sure that both lights and any needed drop cords are rated safe for outdoor use.
For more tips on how to keep your holidays festive and stress free, visit Campbell Homes each week for our latest tip.
From the Campbell Homes family to yours, Happy Holidays!